McCormack excited for the news season after re-signing for the Tribesmen



22 year-old Striker Eoin McCormack re-signed for Galway United for the 2018 season, after making quite a good impression during his short time at the club. In 15 league games McCormack scored 3 goals. 


We caught up with the young striker after his re-signing was announced. He said, “I'm delighted to have signed back with Galway United, I really enjoyed my football there last year.”


“The whole environment of the club suits me and I feel as though I've unfinished business at Eamon Deacy Park.”


We asked him why he decided to remain at the club after their relegation, this despite interest from Premier Division clubs. He told us, “I decided to re-sign with the club because it felt right for me to do so at this stage in my  short league of Ireland career. The supporters of Galway United is another reason I wanted to come back, as the passion from the fans towards the end of last year when we needed them most was unbelievable.”


“After talking to Shane is when my decision was really made. We just talked over the set-up he had in mind for this coming season and he really impressed me with his ideas. I really think the club will prosper next season.”


McCormack joined the club during the July Transfer window, shortly after scoring a wonderful hat-trick for Ballinasloe in the Connacht Junior Cup final against West United, “As for me personally, the last 2 years of playing football have being a real roller-coaster. From not playing football at all, due to injury for a year, to winning a Connacht Junior Cup with Ballinasloe. Then signing with Galway United in the summer, I mean never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have been signed with Galway. The lads last year were very good to me, in the way that they accepted me into the team and the friends I made. The step up in football was obviously the main difference I found, but once I got used to the pace of the game I thought I adapted well to it.”

Comments