Hollywood hoping to shine under Fenn at Longford



Longford Town manager Neale Fenn has signed 20 year-old midfielder Jamie Hollywood as he organises his squad for a promotion challenge in 2018.

Hollywood came into the league through the U-19’s at Bohemians before joining Pete Mahon’s Drogheda United following their promotion to the Premier Division, but he found it difficult to break into a team struggling to stay in the division, only making 6 appearances.

We caught up with Hollywood shortly after he signed for the club.


He spoke of his delight about joining the midlanders, “I’m delighted to have signed with a club like Longford and after speaking with the manager it’s clear that he has very high expectations, and ambitions, for the team. I’m hoping I can put my own stamp on this season to help the team reach these expectations.”


He was also very level-headed about his time at United Park, “I learned a lot from the past year with Drogheda and it gave me a real insight to what League Of Ireland football is actually like. I can take a lot out from the year and feel like I have progressed with constantly training with some top players. Of course I would have liked more game time but that’s football. There was a lot more experienced players ahead of me and I had to accept that for my first year being involved in a senior team my minutes were going to be limited.”




Hollywood is ambitious for the season ahead and hopes that the club will be celebrating come the end of the 2018 season, “My plan now is getting as many minutes under my belt as I can and ultimately to be on the end of a lot of positive results with Longford. The club is certainly going in the right direction and is working towards promotion to the Premier Division next year. I’m really looking forward to the season ahead of us. It will be competitive without a doubt but I’m delighted to be a part of it.”


Photo Credits: Larry McQuillan (Drogheda United, Stephen Burke (Bohemians)

Comments