Longford star Verdon hoping for big things in 2018



Longford Town manager Neale Fenn recently re-signed 22 year-old attacking player Sam Verdon for next season, following lengthy negotiations. Verdon, who became very much a fan favourite during his spell at the club since joining fromSt Patrick’s Athletic in the summer, is delighted to have finally got the deal over the line.


Verdon said, “I’m delighted to have re-signed and to be at longford for 2018. When I went there in the summer it was a big change but I loved every minute of it. The lads were great, the staff, the fans. It’s a great club and I’m delighted to be there.”


“I had been speaking to Neale for a couple of weeks. However, these things just take time but I never thought of going anywhere else.”


Ha also spoke about what he calls a strange year, “Last seasons league games were strange because it was obvious Waterford were the only team going up after I joined. However, we had a good cup run which unfortunately came to an end, but we got fantastic support from the fans in those big games. Let’s hope we can have more of the same next year in both league and cup.”


Verdon also had good things to say about Neale Fenn, “Neale has be brilliant for me. He’s given me confidence and I think that showed in my performances. He’s a very good man manager and I think all the lads that were there last year would agree.”


On his aspirations for the season ahead, he said, “Hopefully 2018 will be a massive year for the club. With the players Neale has signed so far and a couple more additions we will be targeting winning the league. For myself, play as many games as I can, stay injury free and hopefully get a good return in goals.”

Comments