‘Bucko’ back where he feels he belongs



Keith Long has added his 24th player to the Bohemians side for the 2018 season with the return of midfielder Keith Buckley to Dalymount Park. With the departure of Fuad Sule to Barnet their was an opening for Buckley to return and Long was quick to bring back one of the clubs favourite sons, following a year at troubled Bray Wanderers. 


Buckley, 25, became a fans' favourite in his seven years with the club between 2010 and 2016.


Welcoming 'Bucko' back to the club manager Keith Long told the clubs website, “This is a great signing for us. It's no secret that we didn't want him to leave in the first place.”


"He was virtually an ever-present for me before he left, so he is a player and person I hold in high regard.


"With Fuad Sule leaving, he is an excellent fit for us to fill that void. They have similarities as players too. They're both diminutive and combative midfielders.”


"Bucko had a great year with Bray but I don't want to focus too much on the past. This is a fresh start for him now and I think he's more than capable of having an excellent second stint with the club. It gives the team and the club as a whole a great boost."


Buckley too is relishing his return. He will link up with his team-mates at pre-season training tomorrow.


He said, “It's good to be going home, it felt like it was only a matter of time. The moment of realisiation for me was going to see Bohs play Dundalk mid-week last year.”


"Seeing all the fans and the reception I got, seeing legends like Turlough O'Connor in the Jameson Bar and staff like Lynn O'Neill around the place, I realised there was no other place I wanted to be.”


"I missed the place so much, but when I went back it was like I never left. I tried to go back in the summer, so I'm delighted it's finally happened.”


"The job Keith Long has done at Bohs is incredible. He demands the best of his players and everyone at the club is buying into it. There's a good buzz around Dalymount and I'm delighted that I can be a part of it again.


"I can't wait to start pre-season and I'll do anything to be in that line-up come February 16th. 


Long now has 24 players under contract at Bohemians for next season: Oscar Brennan, Keith Buckley, Dan Byrne, Dan Casey, Dinny Corcoran, Rob Cornwall, Kevin Devaney, Philip Gannon, Jamie Hamilton, Paddy Kavanagh, Paddy Kirk, Darragh Leahy, JJ Lunney, Cristian Magerusan, Colin McCabe, Karl Moore, Eoghan Morgan, Ian Morris, Derek Pender, Shane Supple, Ryan Swan, Warren O’Hora, Keith Ward, John Ross Wilson.


Comments