Horgan unhappy about fixture postponement



By Gerard Mulreaney (@gerardmulreaney)


At a Press Conference earlier today Finn Harps manager Ollie Horgan was a very unhappy man following the FAI's decision to call off all this weekend's fixtures due to the adverse weather conditions across the country. After last week's debacle in Drogheda, when the game was called off late in the day after floodlight issues, that leaves Finn Harps not starting their season until at least March 9th when they face Shelbourne at Finn Park. 


Horgan said, "The FAI contacted the club earlier today enquiring about the state of the pitch, and the state of the roads, and both, from a selfish point of view, are perfect in this area. However, from a cynical point of view does this mean if there's a red weather warning in Donegal, and we have to travel to Dublin, that the game would be pulled? I doubt it, but that's me being cynical. I was on that road that Longford would take as regards coming from Dublin, and maybe their Dublin-based players, before the snow. Why enquire about our facilities and roads if you make a decision against us having got the answer that both were passable."


"You can imagine for a whole load of reasons my disappointment when I was told five minutes ago that the game was off. I expected to be talking about Longford Town and trying to get this season up and running. I know weather conditions are poor in other areas, I presume if the reverse happens and that there are poor weather conditions here, no matter where we're playing away in the country, that we won't have to travel. I do accept that weather conditions are poor in Dublin, but it's Wednesday and the game isn't until Friday night at 7.45, and conditions are fine here. 




Comments