Contract extensions announced by Dundalk



Despite being overtaken at the summit of the Premier Division on Monday night, following Cork City’s 4-2 win over Derry in Turners Cross, Dundalk announced the news that two of their young stars agreed contact extensions with the club.


Jamie McGrath signed a contract keeping him at Oriel Park until the end of the 2019 season, while defender Seán Hoare has signed on with the Lilywhites until 2020.


McGrath joined the club ahead of the 2017 season and has made the number 10 position his own this season and has scored 3 goals this season, bringing his tally to 10 for the club.


The 21 year-old’s contract was due to expire at the end of the current campaign and has now inked a new one year extension on that.




McGrath was thrilled to get the deal done, “I am absolutely delighted to get the contract signed early. It is good to get it over the line. I have enjoyed my time here at the club.”


“I wanted to extend the contract here. It was something I wanted to do, times are looking good. I want to keep things going and that is the plan.”


“We are doing well at the moment and we have had a good start to the campaign. Everyone feels good around the club so that’s all positive and it’s a good place to be around.”


“We have a lot to play for this season. Europe is just around the corner and we are looking for a good run in that but the league is the priority,” said McGrath.


“We are taking each game as it comes and we aren’t getting too far ahead of ourselves. We want to win the league and hopefully come October we can get the trophy.”


Sean Hoare signed on for a further two seasons after his arrival from St. Patrick’s Athletic ahead of the 2017 season. The defender has made 44 appearances for the club in all competitions scoring two goals in that time.




Hoare 24, says he feels at home in Oriel Park, 

“I am delighted to extend my contract. I have had a great time here so far and it has been great. I feel at home here.”


“It was an easy decision to sign. A no brainer and I am just glad to get it all sorted. ”


“The season is going well for us. We are up at the top of the table where we want to be. It was a settling in period for me last year but I feel a lot more comfortable now. The team are playing well and we are on a good run at the moment.”


“I want to keep going and improving. I have played a few positions in the past few weeks but I have been enjoying it and enjoying the season overall. ”


He has his sights set on winning more trophies saying, “The league title is the priority and we want to get that back but we want to win everything. We are taking it one game at a time and we want to keep our good form going against Limerick on Friday. ”


The club’s Chairman Mike Treacy tweeted - ‘Three big signings the last 24 hours with Vinny, Jamie, and Seán. Thanks to the fellas for committing their future to @DundalkFC and thanks to Mal Brannigan (Chief Executive) for his incredible work behind the scenes.’


Picture Credit: Dundalk FC

Comments